BBM which stands for Bachelor of Business Management is actually a new program introduced by TU, Faculty of Management. BBM like that of BBA is a four year program consisting 8 semesters spread over 120 credit hours. Main focus of this course is Management of all issues of business. This course is mainly designed in such a way that this can be cornerstone for aspiring business leaders and qualified managers of future. The BBM graduates are equipped with practical knowledge, abilities, self confidence and skills to contribute in successful and efficient information management and transform themselves so as to fit in this highly changing, very competitive and volatile global scenario of the dynamic world.
The course of BBM is designed so as to fulfill the following objectives:
- Skill development of students in various aspects of management like creative thinking, decision making, leadership, communication and increase understanding of operation and change.
- Develop students’ entrepreneurial and innovative capabilities and successful management of business operation in this dynamic world.
- Prepare students for professional life for working as a business manager and entrepreneur by being fully aware of work ethics and morals.
- Help and motivate students to pursue their further studies in this field.
The BBM program is based on the student-centered learning approach. The general teaching methodology of the program includes interactive lectures, students’ presentations, case studies, and projects. Guest lectures and field visits are regularly arranged to provide student practical knowledge on the subject. The teaching faculty shall determine the appropriate teaching-learning methods suitable for each course.
People’s BBM runs in dayshift from 11:00 AM to 16:00 PM.The BBM program is an intensive professional program. This program demands a very high level of commitment from students. Students are required to attend regularly all classes and presentations as required by the course. Students failing to attend 80 % of classes shall not be allowed to appear in the Board examinations.
Examination and Evaluation
The TU Faculty of Management(FOM) shall have the final authority in conducting, evaluating and awarding grades in semester-end examinations. The performance of students will be evaluated through ongoing in-semester evaluations(internal evaluation) and semester-end examinations(Board Exam). TU Faculty of Management(FOM) has assigned 40 marks to campus as internal evaluation and 60 marks will be carried out by FOM as board exam. The campus conducts on going internal evaluation as three terminal exams and several on going continuous tests for 240 marks which will be converted to 40 marks for final evaluation.
1) Three Terminal Exams: Three Term-Exams as First Term, Mid Term and Pre-Board as Final term for 160 Marks.
a) First Term Exam 40 marks:
After completion of 30% of the courses 2 hours written exam as of Board Exam shall be conducted. First term Exam carries 40 marks.
b)Mid-Term Exam 60 marks:
After completion of 60% of the courses 3 hours written exam as of Board Exam shall be conducted. Mid term Exam carries 60 marks.
c) Pre-Board Exam as Final term 60 marks:
After completion of all courses , 3 hours written exam as of Board Exam shall be conducted. Pre-board Exam carries 60 marks.
2) Continuous Test for 80 Marks
Continuous test comprises several assignments including monthly tests, class tests, home works etc. Continuous test comprises at least 6 class days for assignments(monthly class tests, home works, class works ,project works etc.) and 6 class days for presentations out of available class days in a semester . Each student must complete at least 6 assignments and at least one presentation in each subject in a semester as continuous test. Each student must complete all these activities as specified by the faculty in each subject. Continuous test carries 80 marks. Break downs of 80 marks are as follows:
i)Assignment : Assignment includes Monthly Tests,Home work, Class work, Project work, case studies and Report-writing 30 Marks
ii) Presentation and communication skill 30 Marks
iii) Attendance, punctuality and discipline 20 Marks
- Attendance/Punctuality 10 Marks
- Discipline 5+5 Marks by Faculty+Management
Each faculty is required to maintain internal records as annexed and be submitted to campus after completion of each assignment and presentation.
3) Final review by Campus
Campus shall review on the above internal evaluation for final evaluation after conversion of 240 marks to 40 marks. Review shall be made on the basis of over all performances, past performances, discipline, attendances and active participation of the student in non credit activities such as event management ,community services ,extra activities etc. Students not securing 20 marks in each subject shall not be qualified for Board Exam.
TU BBM Total Semester Cycle
Semester I: 15 Credit Hours Semester II: 15 Credit Hours
- ECO 211: Introductory Microeconomics 1. ACC 201: Financial Accounting
- ENG 211: English I 2. ECO 212: Introductory Macroeconomics
- MGT 201: Principles of Management 3. ENG 212: English II
- MTH 211: Business Mathematics I 4. MTH 212: Business Mathematics II
- SOC 201: Sociology for Business 5. PSY 201: Psychology
Semester III: 15 Credit Hours Semester IV: 15 Credit Hours
- ACC 312: Computer Based Financial Accounting 1. ACC 313: Accounting for Decision Making
- ENG 313: Business Communications 2. FIN 312: Financial Management
- FIN 311: Basic Finance 3. MGT 313: Human Resource Management
- SOC 312: Nepalese Society and Politics 4. MGT314: Taxation in Nepal
- STT 311: Business Statistics 5. RCH 311: Business Research Methods
Semester V: 15 Credit Hours Semester VI: 12 Credit Hours
- MKT 311: Fundamentals of Marketing 1. Focus Area Course II
- Focus Area Course I 2. COM 312: Database Management
- MGT 203: Organizational Behavior 3. MGT 315: Business Environment in Nepal
- 4.OPR 311: Introduction to Operations Management 4. MGT 316: Introduction to International Business
- MGT 314: Legal Environment of Business
Semester VII: 15 Credit Hours Semester VIII: 18 Credit Hours
- Elective Course I 1. Elective Course II
- Focus Area Course III 2. Elective Course III
- Focus Area Course IV 3. Focus Area Course V
- ITC 311: E-commerce 4. MGT 318: Business Strategy
- MGT 317: Business Ethics and Social Responsibility 5. Elective Course IV 6. Project Report Writing Or Internship